PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2016, 11:06
Hebog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fear for the families and those still suffering either mentally or physically that they will not get a true answer. It will be like the bin lorry incident and the Glasgow police helicopter crash. Basically nothing will end up happening just the report and maybe a court case that doesn't go anywhere. Those that maybe be accountable for this tragic incident will walk away.

It is as I originally asked if the AAIB uncover evidence that suggest/imply that through gross negligence/incompetency this contributed to the incident do they have to report the matter to the police/CPS/HSE/CAA or are they prevented from doing this due to not being able to release information. As obviously the police will want evidence to back up the allegations but the AAIB won't be able to provide it due their restrictions. I can fully understand they need people to be honest with them and not fear repercussions but lets be realistic here they wont be not 100% as reading any report you can work out who what where and why from reading an AAIB, regardless of what has or hasn't been said in an interview. The AAIB are masters at putting all the facts together and reading between the lines.

Interesting report on IBT website
However other evidence relating to the crash, including statements from surviving pilot Andrew Hill - plus reports on factors that may have contributed to the accident - will not be released due to the possibility of impacting on future investigations

So does that mean there is other facts that have yet to be disclosed to the public/press via interim reports.