PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB says Delta Pilot Error
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2016, 04:53
LittleMo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Basil
Ah, yes, all very well to say sitting quietly on the ground; rather different in the situation.
Suppose ol' skip doesn't go-around: should I fight him for control? Up until then, I hadn't realised that the tvat couldn't fly.

I may say that was a period during which I preferred to fly with check/training captains because I knew they would follow SOPs.
Our company was bending over backwards to accommodate some difficult and barely competent people.*

* If any of you read this, you know who you are and some of you were a dangerous PITA.
Perhaps it is easier to say sitting on the ground but the fact remains, CRM is about your actions to manage this situation. I feel for you, it couldn't have been nice flying for a company with that kind of culture.

However, If he didn't go around on your call, maybe transmitting on TWR frequency "xxx is going around" would get some response, but if still none then, "xxx please note for the record that the captain refused to go around from this unstable approach should anything happen"

I've actually heard that radio call in real life and guess what, the guy went around. Sure you'll have a bun fight on your hands when you land but rather sort it then that land and blow tires and endanger pax.