PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2016, 14:45
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by piperboy84
I agree Satcos, but the reason I put the links to the support outfits such as Nylon, Livewire and Inmarsat are it shows her response to being challenged on the sole pilot issue is complete nonsense. Specifically, on her public speaking roadshow after the South African trip where she said she was solo, upon being challenged on this she segwayed over to implying that she basically showed up in South Africa with a plane and headsets but early on ( but after the project had started) realized that this exceptional feat was going to require so much more logistics and "collaboration" that rendered her initial solo plan unworkable, implying that circumstances beyond her control and not her piloting skills forced her to drop the solo idea.

The press releases from the support company's prior to her departure show that this is nonsense because all the logistics and collaboration was planned from the very start, so hanging her hat on that being the reason for not flying solo is bull****.
Thanks PB84, the links you posted are certainly valid and reinforce the charade.
My opening comment was directed more to the detail of company accounts, insurance, licencing (FAA, PPL, CPL etc) and what can lawfully be conducted. This will all come out in the long term I am sure hence my "beyond the scope of this thread...at the moment." opening line.

Once you start to pull on a loose bit of wool, it isn't long before the shirt unravels completely. All we need to ensure is that the loose strand keeps getting pulled. :-)