PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Needing Help on HKS 700 ENGINE...
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2016, 13:51
kyle.anderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies and good suggestions.
I will definitely search about it.

Originally Posted by Colibri49
One such HKS engine that I know of in the UK has been experiencing problems with loss of compression in one cylinder and I'm told that valve seats receded into the alloy cylinder head. I'm also told that this type of engine doesn't have a happy track record in the UK, but after the manufacturer discontinued its production, there was an outcry in the USA where it is much better liked. Production has resumed after the introduction of modified cylinder heads, so I'm told.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HKS_700E
Could I have more details about the reference of your statement? (One such HKS engine that I know of in the UK has been experiencing problems with loss of compression in one cylinder and I'm told that valve seats receded into the alloy cylinder head)

Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
I test flew the (first and only) HKS700E engined X'Air. Wonderful was not a term I would have applied - it was basically a 4-stroke Rotax 503 - massively underpowered for the class of aircraft, with complications and extra weight that in my book made it a far less good weight than the 503. To be fair, it was very frugal on fuel, but I can't recall any other redeeming features.

IIRC, the first production HKS engined AX2000 kept blowing up CDI units, until they realised that a common earth through anodised airframe components wasn't conductivey enough for the job and just separately earth strapped everything together.

G
Do you have any documentation about it?
( the first production HKS engined AX2000 kept blowing up CDI units, until they realised that a common earth through anodised airframe components wasn't conductivey enough for the job and just separately earth strapped everything together.)