PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coeliac obtaining a Class 1 Medical?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2016, 10:46
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I had the camera down the gullet to get a snip of me gut. After years of assuming I 'was Coeliac'. It turned out I wasn't.

However, I don't eat bread or any wheat product and avoid gluten as it seems one can still be gluten intolerant.

I was in my 40's when I first notices an intermittent feeling of general 'unwellness' when I ate my favourite brown bread. It seemed to go away for ages, then came back again late 50's.

In my 60's in the US, I really got messed up if I ate the wrong things. 100 years old and sitting around aching. Don't cheat and in a few days I was up trees with a chainsaw, digging irrigation ditches, hauling brush, etc., etc.

I never quite knew, still don't, just what process is going on (maybe gingernut will elucidate on the difference) but when we were on the last days of clearing our US house, our lovely neighbours made us dinner. They were Hispanic and the food was off-the-scale, lovely. I was wrecked for two days and refused to sell my recliner until the day we left. Now I don't cheat. 'Oh, that'll be okay. A little bit of that won't hurt.' Yes it by will!

Back pain. Years of it until a local person told me about her brother. He was so bad he'd lie down on client's beds if they were out while he was measuring up. Thought it was a 'bad back'. When he was diagnose Coeliac, the back pain went away. My back surgeon said that was not at all surprising.