PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 28th Sep 2016, 02:56
Crashlanding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay this is my opinion only.

Money is as good as advertised. But, im no longer married, so I live in a 1 bedroom apartment.

Cost is 85k p/y
Dewa (elect/water) say 5k p/y
Food, I shop in Carrefour or lulus and I cook a lot
Say 12k p/y

Now a place with 2 bedrooms in a decent area then start by doubling what I said, that means also double your Dewa.

If you want nights out, a nanny, maid etc then costs go up quickly.

Flights home, well we are the 2nd class citizen with Emirates so a stanby will have you off loaded first before everyone else. So could get expensive.

If your family are not happy here, then you will have a bad time.

Roster, well lets say they are brutal. After a couple of years mine has finally improved, but that is only for the last 2 months, I expect it to go down hill again.

Holiday, you will be extremely lucky if you see any days off before or after you holiday. Even our most senior FOs and CPTs are lucky to see any day off next to holiday.

Yes you can save money, and ive saved a hugh amount, but no family here, all I gained was a divorce.

Guys you fly with are great.

But again ill say this. If your family are not happy dont come here, you will spend every penny trying to keep them happy, stop the divorce because they never see you, and at the end you could have nothing left to show for your fatigue induced roster.

Imagine doing say 9 18-24 hour rest periods in a row, with each dutie being 8-14 hours. Then if your fortunate a couple nights in a row to finish the month. That was my roster