PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2016, 21:40
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
She avoided the Goodwood Flying Club appearance last Thursday but did turn up at the RNRM charity dinner on Friday when she also appeared in the local paper, the Portsmouth News.,http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/def...ight-1-7593423
That story must have caused some interesting small talk at the dinner.

I doubt she will be attending the AGM of the Light Aircraft Association in a few weeks time when ther is a motion to remove her 'navigation' award.

Which places the focus on the next big event a few days later.

From what I hear by all accounts she will not be at the Honourable Company of Air Pilots awards dinner
when she is due to get a Masters Medal for sitting in the back seat of Ewald Gritschs Stearman

Time Peake had it easy in the International Space Station while Tracey was fighting fog,sandstorms and the 'searing heat' of Australia.
HCAP are burning the midnight oil trying to write her citation for the third time.

It has been suggested to me that the reason that the Spirit of Artemis is registered to 3G Aviation in the USA is to overcome insurance and other operational issues.

The only licence TCT holds is a UK ppl. That means her suggestions of carrying ' camera and production crew from time to time' would be in breach of her licence which does not allow commercial work.

I doubt Nylon Films insurers would have covered their employees flying in an aircraft piloted by a 1500 ppl.

Both the Africa trip and the UK to Sydney 'adventure' were commercial operations funded by the sponsors for publicity and also part of a tv documenary operation. The aircraft was fitted out with cameras to record footage for commercial aerial work.

As Ewald is a commercial pilot and instructor he is of course allowed to undertake filming work and 'dual flying' with a ppl.

I understand the insurance for the airframe ,although placed with an Indian company ,actually went on risk at Lloyds in London?

This would have been a custom policy and not a normal 'off the shelf' job?

Despite her claims to have been the 'sole' pilot of the Spirit of Artemis I do not think she could have legally flown for hire or reward.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 27th Sep 2016 at 22:22.