PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today's airline pilots: Female Captain aged 26 with F/O 19 years old
Old 27th Sep 2016, 16:18
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank W. Abagnale
"Against Russians. He never would have had that many on the western front."

Somehow I knew someone would come up with that crap.
Those inferior Russians, right ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...II_flying_aces

I count 10 fighter pilots from the Soviet Union well in front of a certain Mr. Bong from the US of A way down on that list as the first non Russian Allied fighter ace.

Hans-Joachim Marseille was Germany's leading ace against western allied forces with 158 Air Victories when he died in 1942. That would equate to 316 Air Victories until 1945 in theory.

Western Arrogance of self seen superiority against the rest of the world never fails to amaze me.
The truth, however, looks slightly different.

Especially nowadays, with the Not So United States and the Not So United Kingdom as dying/dead beacons of western dominance over the world for the last few centuries.
Unfortunately, you only reveal yourself to be lacking knowledge of what you are talking about by comparing apples to oranges and then somehow come up with western arrogance and rambling on about western dominance dying.

So 10 Russian pilots were ahead of Richard Bong in terms of kills. They also flew way more missions than Bong. Does that not mean anything to you? Most of the top Russian aces had well over 400 missions. Bong had 146 missions in a very different environment so it is difficult to compare.

If the Russians were so superior, the why is the shootdown list you provided dominated by Germans. I believe that the Germans and the Russians fought till they got killed policy.

The Finns had a 16:1 aerial combat kill ratio against the obviously inferior Russians when their tiny country basically fended off those Russkies(the same Russkies who worked with the Nazis to start WWII in Europe with their invasions of Poland and Finland) while the Russians had not even started fighting Germany yet.

Isn't the truth amazing. And now you have had it explained to you.

OK, back to the subject now.

Last edited by JammedStab; 27th Sep 2016 at 16:40.