PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2016, 11:12
MaverickPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kirk out
I think it's quite interesting how the attitude toward RYR has changed over recent years. Does no one hate MOL anymore? Has everyone forgotten the repugnant bye bye baby insignia emblazoned on the aircraft? Is PM the new MOL?

Are the above just superficial to the end choice? I'm not trying to be provocative, I'm genuinely interested. I know the RYR training is truly excellent, and for a cadet in the bizarre world of newly minted cadets demanding jets it is the place to go....but for other sorts?

The market is well....buoyant....but for how long. Wonder what odds bet Fred give for the next tits up and who....won't be long folks....
Because judging by 5-10 year old info from BALPA versus uptodate info I've been given, it would seem the FR direct UK contracts seem to have got better thus why people are willing to stay. Much improvement still needed, especially at entry level.

I would hazard a guess that with no union at FR, pilots were forced to vote with their feet over the last decade, the effects of which were probably felt in the boardroom forcing FR's hand; they would never admit it though! However, those 'effects' are hard to quantify or confirm so it's purely speculation, conjecture and attempting to connect the dots on my part.

Last edited by MaverickPrime; 26th Sep 2016 at 21:16.