PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2016, 16:27
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
I like to think I worked pretty hard to get both my FAA wings and the stripes she sports and I really object to some fatuous, self-promoting parasite thinking she has the right and qualifications to wear them.
- Pontius

However there is one common thread running through the LAA,HCAP,The Royal Naval Reserve, Tracey Curtis Taylor and her Honorary Lt Commander award and the picture below.

The Queen's cousin Prince Michael has influence?
- Jay Sata

I couldn't agree more with Pontius, BEagle et al, but there is an additional common thread, and one which suggests that Prince Michael must have some influence because, whilst both hold ranks in the Royal Naval Reserve, neither TCT nor he is strictly qualified to wear FAA wings. In fact, although he has not completed any formal Service flying qualification of which I am aware, the photographs at https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/y....zen._.0816tb2 seem to indicate that he happily wears the flying badge of all three Services when in uniform, even though his own official website cannot spell "Air Marshal" correctly.

Birds of a feather?

Interestingly enough by comparison, and again so far as I am aware, not even his kinsman, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, wears anything other than the RAF wings to which he is fully entitled, when in both RAF and Army uniform, and has never worn the Royal Navy or Army wings which I am sure both Services would be more more than happy for him to wear.

Jack