PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2016, 15:07
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other issue is Artemis, a company that manages other people's money. Those people and indeed the wider community expect a high level of probity especially after the shenanigans of 2007 for which the entire world is paying. Their refusal to even respond to requests for information is disgraceful and IMHO something other financial companies should consider.
Artemis are regulated by the FCA who have mega strict standards regarding marketing, which are utterly mandatory. Indeed Artemis will have a compliance officer, whose first responsibility is to the FCA, not the Artemis board. I suspect Artemis have already "cleaned up their act" in respect of this whole issue - they will be completely aware of the dangers of falling foul of the FCA.

As a matter of interest HCAP are regulated by the Charity Commission who have a priority responsibility for "creating confidence in the UK charity sector".

I see from the comments on the above news link that somebody has been doing their homework using the wayback machine.

https://archive.org/web/

Their are 22 saved prior versions of the birdinabiplane website (seriously who the.... came up with that idea ) some are unreadable, others are not. One of the early versions (the third one I think) speaks clearly of a solo flight.

And I think this thread should be getting exposure on the military forum as it is getting more and more Walter Mitty by the day. (And seemingly an officially sanctioned Walt at that)