PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrian vs Eurowings
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2016, 14:02
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The question is what happens after the 2 years? With an A320 type rating and some hours it's easier to find a job then with the Dash rating.
That's not a question ANYONE can answer. So many pilots have tried to be well-prepared for "in xy years". You just can't do it.

This is not an aircraft decision, this is an employer decision. Do you want to choose your employer on the basis that you MAYBE have better job chances with another potential employer when you leave, or do you want to choose the BETTER employer of the two that you KNOW you could work for NOW?

In German there's a saying:
"Lieber den Spatzen in der Hand als die Taube auf dem Dach." - I think mr. NFF will understand.

Nobody knows whether you're even able to get another job in two years time, or where, or with which qualifications. Just not possible. FYI, even if you do get an A320 rating... there'll be hundreds of other pilots with the same one, and with way more hours on type than you.

Bottom line again... choose your employer, not your aircraft type. Why do you think all the fancy pilots with A380 / B777 / A350 ratings want to come back to Europe from the sand pit and Asia? I tell you why... because it doesn't matter WHAT you fly, it matters what terms and conditions and what stability you have while doing so!

I don't know your personal obligations in Hamburg, but be careful if you decide on Austrian and/or Vienna... you might just like it and want to stick around!