PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2016, 13:38
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Boombastick
Are you being sarcastic Enzo?

They want you to have a minimum of 2500 hrs, which would suggest you're at least a 3 year FO on senior FO money or knocking on the door for a command. It will be a pay cut for many and being stuck in the RHS for the next 10 years means quite a large reduction in potential earnings. The money is not good enough in my opinion.
I was being serious! Tell me where these F/Os are coming from who will be taking a pay cut, because I need their job! Sure it will be a pay cut if you are a captain but that's not a fair comparison. I was simply stating that I dont think any other airline in the UK offers such a high starting salary and that includes BA long haul, 75k might not be enough for you but I happen to think its quite a lot of money. Let's see if they struggle to get applications. The fact you believe after 3 years of work you are suddenly entitled to a six figure salary says a lot about the industry today. It also goes a long way to explain why we will get zero respect or sympathy from the general public when we complain about terms and fatigue!