PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2016, 13:02
homonculus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whilst this thread is clearly proving to be very popular, indeed entertaining, I do believe there are some very serious core concerns: most importantly the misleading claims made by TCT and the need to stop her continuing to bring aviation into disrepute. In this respect I grow more angry by the day at the refusal by the HCAP to reconsider their position even though I am assured it has been fully debated and the facts are well known. I cannot understand how any citation can be written for the Master's Medal that is honest yet worthy. I shall not attend the ceremony and I am seriously considering my ongoing membership

The other issue is Artemis, a company that manages other people's money. Those people and indeed the wider community expect a high level of probity especially after the shenanigans of 2007 for which the entire world is paying. Their refusal to even respond to requests for information is disgraceful and IMHO something other financial companies should consider.

Boeing on the other hand merely makes planes and uses lots of advertising. This is just another example. They didnt pay for expensive hotels etc etc out of love for TCT but for publicity. Well they have had plenty. and the situation with the other sponsors is unknown - a sticker on the aircraft means nothing.