PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John and Martha King
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2003, 21:08
Like This - Do That

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John & Martha King

A few years ago the Kings visited Aus and flew their Caravan around the place. They wrote an article for one of the Aus aviation magazines (Flying? not sure...)

One thing struck me about what they had to say about that visit. It appeared that they couldn't figure out made the Australian GA industry different from that of the USA. I think they expected thriving hives of activity at every little backwater country aerodrome - line boys, rental cars, cafes, 24 hr UNICOMs, etc.

The USA might geographically be big spread out and made for aviation, just like Oz, but that's where the similarities end. Can you imagine flying your PA-28 to Parkes or Dubbo or Bathurst and having people compete for your refuelling business? Imagine places like Port Macquarie or Wagga having class C radar, ILS, HIAL and a multitude of schools, a couple of FBOs and hundreds of movements a day. Most parts of the USA seem to be like that, but most places here are cobweb covered, run down and empty.

AUS & USA AREN'T THE SAME MR & MRS KING!

I'm not sure if I'll pay much attention to their seminars, but I will be interested to find out if they understand these differences.

Good night, rant over.