PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally Started my Training!
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2016, 14:23
T4RG4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm up to an incredibly (low) six hours of recent training. Seven hours if you include the messing around on a trial flight held 12 months prior :-)

All my 'proper' training has been in a C152 whereas the trial was in a C172. I'm in a very fortunate position where I don't have to pay for the training but still opted to learn in the 152 as it just seemed... a little more raw? My local airfield (EGTO) is 15mins from the office and my home so it seemed a sensible choice even if I would rather learn on something like a DA20.

Last lesson was glide and powered decent, with flaps IIRC. I have the beginnings of a little (unread and unloved) blog going on here. I've yet to write-up the last lesson as I've been on holiday. Generally try to get a couple of lessons in each week. One in work time, in the morning and another at the weekend. The Missus is fine with the former but not the latter so I'm on borrowed time there.

Thus far I find it all fine and not a huge challenge. My day job does involve flight simulation so it should't be a surprise. Thing is, I started all this with a reasonable fear of flying! Getting over that now and think anyone achieving their PPL (or LAPL) has really something to be proud of. Whether I'll get there or not, I have fallen in love with flying.

Eighteen months ago I would have not expected such change!