PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which European flight schools and I need your help/advice.
Old 24th Sep 2016, 07:46
pilot10p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which European flight schools and I need your help/advice.

First post here guys and thank you in advance to those who wish to give their experience/comment on this topic.

I am half ways through my ATPLs and really torn to where to end up to do my CPL MEIR. I will say I am not flush with cash so this is a factor. For some, you on here I know for the fact they'd have the attitude that "if you don't have the cash, don't be a pilot." However I have worked hard for this gaining an aviation management degree and tried to build up the funds. I was planning to go to BARTOLINI in Poland however I am getting cold feet. I talked to many who have come and gone from this place. 99% of them are happy but it's their reputation among others is the big thing for me. I personally feel as I do my ATPLs full time in a "established" flight school that I am ashamed to say, "I am doing the rest of my training in Poland."

This flight school that I'm currently at HAD a pilot that did his training in Poland and did his FI course where I am currently studying and they took him on. Apparently he was very hard to deal with and I know for a fact he was recommending BARTOLINI and obviously they got rid of him. This school has now turned round to us and said; "we had to get rid of him as his IR and flying in general were poor" in efforts to turn modular students away from BARTOLINI. In a way it's working as I'm getting the cold feet and don't know where to go.

In addition, it has turned me away from the school I'm currently at. I don't trust a word they say.

Straight up with you guys that I can't afford OXFORD, I can't afford JEREZ. Simples. I have been looking into a few schools in Spain but honestly torn at the minute of where a modular guy should go. I have got this far and just want to make the right move. Do I go to a place in the back end of Spain that's not well established? Do I go to a school who apparently has a reputation. Your feedback is valuable.

Any guys able to help? Constructive comments would be appreciated
Thanks Again.