PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2016, 07:40
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I forgot to include the caption with the photo above.

A group of over 150 friends and supports gathered to bid Tracey farewell, including HRH Prince Michael of Kent, Dame Diana Rigg, Amy Johnson’s niece Judy Chilvers and Rear Admiral Ben Kay (Royal Navy). She was also joined by a number of her partners, including personnel from Global Sponsors Boeing and Artemis Investment Management, as well as representatives from ExecuJet, GIC Re, the GREAT Campaign, Singapore Airlines, the Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces, Pol Roger, Inmarsat, LiveWire and Cobham SatCom. Tracey will be flying to support the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity on her flight to Australia.

Speaking as her friend took off, Dame Diana Rigg said, “Tracey is doing this in the spirit of all those lady aviators of the past and that is what I love about her, that quality of recognising the endeavour of what has gone before and mirroring it in this era. There are lots of people doing extraordinary things, but [B]Tracey is doing something extraordinary in what is virtually a man’s world and I think we have to stress that. Her knowledge of not just the plane but the engine is extensive and she can hold her own with any man.”
[/B

footnote: Fleet Commander Vice Admiral Ben Kay CBE is the Fleet Commander responsible the provision of ships, submarines and maritime aircraft required to support Royal Navy mandated maritime operations.

Prince Michael of Kent is Honoury Vice Admiral Royal Naval Reserve.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 24th Sep 2016 at 08:01.