PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2016, 07:20
Stanwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably, like Zara Phillips' consort, Mike Tindall, a champion dwarf-thrower as well, is he, Pontius?

Back to the script...
I was sitting around at a function last night and caught up with an old friend who, these days, looks after the logistics side of things at Sydney International Airport.
(He refers to himself as a 'glorified rampy and bag-chucker').

In the course of conversation, I asked if the name 'Tracey Curtis-Taylor' rang any bells with him.
No? .. How about, then, in January this year, a 'bird in a biplane' turned up in Sydney, purporting to have flown solo from the UK?
Ohh, yes, - was that the green thing?

Now, this is where it gets interesting.

It appears that Australia's national flag-carrier, QANTAS, at the direction of its CEO, Alan Joyce, downed tools, rolled out the red carpet and hosted a lavish reception for our intrepid aviatrix.
"Wow! .. Positive and, importantly, PC, media coverage has just landed right at our front door! (at moderate cost to us)"

It doesn't then, take too much imagination to conclude that this was very likely at the behest of BOEING, for whom Qantas has been a good customer since 1958.
After all, Boeing, as of just a few weeks ago, were (and, for all I know, still are) spruiking the "solo" claims on their website.

Further, I had confirmation just tonight from a neighbour, an airframe LAME within said firm, that word had come down from above that certain (ahem) 'non-essential' jobs be swept aside so that the 'Spirit of Artifice' could be accommodated, for an undetermined period, within one of the airline's maintenance hangars.

Now, I would have thought that Execujet, over on the GA side of the airport, (one of the TCT scam's formal sponsors), would have been able and, once the photo-ops were finished with, be only too pleased to provide accommodation within their own hangar.

So, y'see, it's not only lazy media hacks and other relatively minor players who've been sucked in to lending credibility to this well-orchestrated fraud.

Last edited by Stanwell; 24th Sep 2016 at 10:11.