PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2016, 08:30
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Her statement in the Portsmouth News begs the question why she has a wiki article, an honoury doctorate from Portsmouth University and an honoury Lt Commander rank in the RN reserve.

I’m deeply disappointed at the comments coming from a particular source making false assertions that my flight expeditions should have been executed as solo flights.

‘They were not. They are all about a collaborative team effort and celebrating the brilliant achievements of women like Amy Johnson and Lady Heath who made history when aviation was in its infancy.’
She never assembled or included the 'team' in Sydney to meet the assembled press and her PR team were responsible for false headlines in newspapers such as the London Evening Standard.
An adventurer has touched down in Australia after a 13,000-mile solo-flight from Britain in a vintage biplane.

Tracey Curtis-Taylor, 53, who lives in London, said she was “euphoric” after reaching Sydney Airport on Saturday three months after leaving Hampshire.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ad...-a3152306.html

Had it been known her so called Bird in a Biplane trips were not solo she would not even have managed a paragraph in a local newspaper.

Someone is responsible for all the newspaper 'solo' claims and I place the blame firmly at TCT's door.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 23rd Sep 2016 at 08:44.