PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2016, 06:10
Tower Ranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear, someone is starting to throw their toys out of the pram but regardless of your personal opinion of DC9 he has a point.

I lived in NI for about 35 year years, 25 of those in County Londonderry within 30 miles of the Maiden City, I've only ever been in Londonderry 4 times in my life. I've probably been through it hundreds of times on the way to Donegal but i've only actually set foot in the place a few times because there was just no reason for me to go there and unless its changed dramatically within the last decade i'm not sure why anyone would say "lets go for the day".

As for Eglinton/CoDA the only flying i've done there has been in light aircraft and i've never once thought of booking a commercial flight. Now i'm not saying that's the norm but i only know one person who has actually booked a flight from EGAE so there is definitely an issue with the place that makes the travelling public of NI give it a body swerve and fly from Belfast/Aldergrove instead.

There will be more subsidies over the coming years in the hope that something works because, as someone pointed out earlier, it's just too darn expensive to build the motorway linking the City to the Capital which could help revitalise the area. Nobody wants to see the Airport fail but surely at some point a time must come when even it's most diehard supporters realise that it has.