PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Link Trainee First Officer Level 1&2
Old 22nd Sep 2016, 09:40
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
I would disagree flyboy.

I think that knowing the questions beforehand would be detrimental to your chances.

The email clearly states that they want to get to know the real you, they don't give you the questions for a reason. They are testing your ability to think on your feet and come up with coherent responses within the allocated timeframe.

I would hazard a guess that we are talking to professional HR people who are good at recognising genuine responses.

If you rehearse your answers with more than 30 seconds notice, it will be obvious, you will be a drone with more blank body language and more of a direct stare.

It is extremely hard to fake body language that is indicative of thinking on the fly. They want you to think, they want you to make mistakes, to be put under the pump and to come out the other side successful in your message. Oh, wait, that sounds a lot like one of the qualities required of a pilot. Who woulda thunk it!

Instead of faking it, just do it. Actually give them what they want, trying to cheat on the very first progression of your application, to me, is an absolute fools game.

My hope is for anyone that wants the questions to actually get them in advance, because it will discount them, leaving those who didn't cheat still in the pool.