PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take a turbo-prop job or wait for a better one?
Old 22nd Sep 2016, 07:20
Council Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Tuesday morning they posted
I've got an interview coming up for a job but I'm not sure wether I should accept or not if I'm offered the position. I currently have about 2000h from instructing, about 400h of these are ME.

The job is to fly an older turbo-prop twin >20 tonnes but it will only get me about 350-450h per year. The pay is ok but nothing spectacular
Later in the same post they wrote
I might have an opportunity for an interview at a much more interesting company in the beginning of next year but that would mean that I have to decline this position
So in the morning they had an interview to fly a turbo prop lined up and thought they might have a chance of an interview to fly a jet in the new year.

Later the same day they posted
And I've decided to take the job.

So they came on PPRUNE in the morning, went for the job interview, got offered the job and by the end of the day had come back on PPRUNE to tell us they had lowered themselves enough to fly a turbo prop.

Who else thinks this could be a wind up.

If this is for real the answer is simple.

Take the turbo prop job, if a better opportunity comes up in the future then leave the turbo prop job, apologises try to leave on the best terms you can and pay off the bond that you agreed to accept for the type rating. You would have a bond wouldn't you because to pay for a type rating would be stupid thing to do?