PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone actually like it out here anymore?
Old 22nd Sep 2016, 03:08
OMAAbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@xhamster

I do agree that guys don't come into it without their eyes open and not having done any research on it before, and for many westerners the lure of "tax-free" & "shiny jet syndrome" suck many in. They'll look at the money and go "WOW, I could save loads of that!" Sadly those days of a quick cash fix have gone, it damn well isn't possible, especially if one has a family. We've been out here coming up to 4 years and we've maybe save around 20k AED. But, again, money wasn't the reason we moved.

If you know what your putting yourself in beforehand, I fully agree people don't do thorough research before hand (I mean come on, there's a guy asking if EK will chase him for his bond if he leaves before 5 years in another post)

As for the complete utter debacle that's going on with the 330/340 guys at EK, there's nothing a raving lunatic American with and half an hour in the EKHQ couldn't fix, there plenty in there that need taking out!

But like I've said, do your research, make it what is it, and hopefully, like us, more will/can enjoy it out here and we'll have less of the moaning toss pots!

Last edited by OMAAbound; 22nd Sep 2016 at 09:33.