PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2016, 22:03
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
She seem adept at navigating her way around the media but I see storm clouds on the horizon

When well respected senior GA expert and ex CAA man Barry Tempest says this to a national newspaper journalist, you have to question where this topic is leading.

Mr Tempest, who has been a member of the LAA for 50 years, said: "I am proposing that the award be rescinded and that her name be removed from the annals of the Light Aircraft Association.

"I have the greatest of respect for women pilots but I think Tracey Curtis-Taylor has not done a lot the further their case."I think she is a boastful lady who needs bringing down a peg or two.

"She made these claims about flying solo, or at least that is what we were lead to believe, and now it has come out that they were not that at all. Far from it.

"I believe the integrity of the LAA is at stake and it is important that we right this wrong."
The story goes on to say...

The Honourable Company of Air Pilots awarded her its Master's Medal for 2016 for the flight but it is understood there has also been concern within its circles about her claims.
My advice to the Honourable Company Of Air Pilots is read this quote from Barry Tempest.

Your claimed exploits have put the cause of Women in Aviation back 40 years. If you accept the HCAP award in the autumn you should be ashamed.
Is it really worth having the HCAP dragged in to the mud over a Walter Mitty/reality tv show debacle?

Can you face the tabloids in late October who mock your Masters Medal to Tim Peake with Tracey Curtis Taylor?

The Daily Express newsdesk have been a bit naughty in using unflattering pictures of our 'aviatrix' who likes to pose these days.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/712...-biplane-award

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 21st Sep 2016 at 22:29.