PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone actually like it out here anymore?
Old 21st Sep 2016, 19:50
Panther 88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traffic, traffic and more traffic. Number of cars registered in the last eight years have doubled. And then there are those "individuals" with a certain type of window dressing that really do "own" the road. Please do not impede their progress or you will have a fancy German/Italian/gigantic white SUV less than a meter distance from your rear flashing his lights to let you know you are not as important as he. Drive on the roads at night at your own peril. And remember the road engineers have a motto when designing the road system, "you can't get there from here".

That's what I have learned to love as a result of living here, my driving skills and reaction times and situational awareness has increased dramatically. Oh, I did forget to mention those that love to drive 140 while texting....but that's a world wide issue. Then again you get to see first hand members of the Darwin Awards, i.e.,those who have supposedly contributed to human evolution by "selecting" themselves out of the gene pool by their actions on the highways.