PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone actually like it out here anymore?
Old 21st Sep 2016, 17:23
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xhamster

Appreciate the response, measured unlike some. I'll retract my accusation of you being disrespectful. Perhaps it was lost amongst all the other negativities so the benefit of the doubt is with you! As I said, I don't disagree with some of the problems you mention, they effect as all in varying degrees. Ultimately it boils down to your own personal circumstances and whether we accept the UAE for what it is. I assume you're referring to AD and the 'unmentionable" as you mention narrow body. If so, then your circumstances and surroundings differed from those in Dubai and you may well have had a bigger **** stick to handle. And for the record, JESS is a non profit making school, unlike GEMS.

As Neektu states, we learn to deal with the frustrations by recognising the triggers and then trying to avoid them. Being flashed from behind? Stay away from the outer lane. 300 smelly shoes?, can't say I've ever been that up close and personal .....you get the drift. We can't avoid all the triggers, granted, and when they become the major stressors, that's the time to leave. Sadly, many are doing just that. Not so much because of Dubai, but more the combination of all you mention along with a dysfunctional, egotistical, incompetent and rudderless management that holds little confidence for a bright future.

So, while I don't have a problem with living here per say, I do have a concern with my employer.

Harry