PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2016, 04:27
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Jet2 to launch an operation of this size they had only one choice and that was always going to be Stansted so I wonder if they got a great deal? No doubt if Luton had started its redevelopment a year earlier then Jet2 would have at least had a choice and maybe the chance to squeeze a better discount out of Stansted.

With Luton beings as popular as a turd in a Mediterranean swimming pool and Stansted being further away from Birmingham than the easy drive to and from Luton, Jet2 will have a completely separate catchment area, which might be another reason why Stansted could serve them well.

I doubt if anything has changed since I last flicked through holiday brochures a few years ago but while Gatwick always seemed to have several pages of departures Luton and Stansted was lucky to muster up half a page between them. There has always been a historic bias for IT companies to concentrate their London programme on Gatwick but at least now the balance is starting to be re-addressed with a North London airport now gaining some ground.