PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK took part in strike that killed Syrian soldiers
Old 21st Sep 2016, 02:20
Lonewolf_50

Received 412 Likes on 257 Posts
@flyhardmo:

EDIT: -deleted my noise_unneeded carping.

I just agree with you that it's not in the class of "blue on blue" -- given the Crayola Crayon box of colors with all of the different fighting factions in that area, I am not sure how to color code it.

Beyond that, as a career military man, if you for one minute think that anyone is immune to the fog of war, in the year 2016, then you may be buying into too much propaganda from the USAF shills and a wide variety of arms and systems salesmen. The adverts don't tell the whole story.

It's alive and well, the fog of war, all electric gizmos considered.

@Shot One. You know better, and yes, it's alive and well as of this morning. It takes so little to create confusion.

EDIT to add: coordination between the Russians and the West has had some effort put into it, I am unaware of any coordination attempts between the West and Syria even though in some areas we are after the same faction, and in other areas the West is supporting a faction that is fighting the Syrians.

The opportunity for confusion abounds. The problem with "who to support and who to bomb" amplifies it. (Heck, it's hard enough to keep it clean when there is just one enemy).

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 21st Sep 2016 at 14:16.