PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2016, 22:52
Nigerian Expat Outlaw

Nigerian In Law

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Sasless,

I've re-read my post and suspect you misunderstood me; my intention was to outline a series of events and not to get personal, but I wrote it badly. That VP got what was coming to him in the fullness of time and eventually things got a lot better for the staff, clients and contractors. I didn't and never have held a personal grudge against him as he no doubt had constraints too, although he came across as a pretty arrogant individual.

As I pointed out in a previous post and perhaps a life lesson learnt as a result of my long illness, life is far too short to hold a personal grudge; it's far too precious and sometimes unexpectedly short to waste feelings and emotions hating somebody when whatever they did or didn't do will never be reciprocated or rectified. Look at the number of friends and associates we've all lost over the years ?

I see and speak to soggyboxers fairly regularly (we drink, he falls asleep )and we've had the same conversation many times remembering our years at WT; he has similar feelings about the Count but we laugh about it.

Nigeria is such a different place now, those days are long gone.

Cheers and enjoy your retirement.

NEO

Last edited by Nigerian Expat Outlaw; 20th Sep 2016 at 22:56. Reason: Crap grammar. Probably still is !