PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services...south Africa
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2003, 12:23
sanjo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFI- CFS

It would be very easy to lose composure and fall into the points scoring scenario, but I think I have a little more intelligence and respect for this forum than to fall for the obvious temptation, however, I understand there may be a need to clarify certain points.

Naunton Pugh, Cape Flying Services including yourself or any other person you think may have had a vested interest has had more than enough time since my departure from South Africa in April this year to address any issue, justified or not and to deal with such issues in an appropriate and civilised manner. Indeed, I have in my possession a document dossier of about 60 pages of information, facts, correspondence, newspaper articles and other material relating to this whole sad affair.

The points of my case at this stage are not really relevant as you and Naunton Pugh clearly emphasised through the correspondence of one line responses to my comprehensive letters in April and May of this year. These letters have clearly put my points across but I was merely brushed aside as irrelevant. My personal meeting with you prior to leaving South Africa indicated a clear and dismissive attitude from yourself. Every reasonable effort was made by me to resolve the issue, through you personally and Naunton Pugh, as the person issuing the contract. Needless to say, all these efforts were made prior bringing this issue into the public domain.

Naunton Pugh was issued a warning on 26th June this year by the County Court that I wish to recover damages from him. He was sent the 60 page dossier and also given until 12th July 2003 to respond by issuing his defence. This date passed without a defence being entered and he was further issued a Default Judgment on 17th July 2003. He is/ was fully aware of the situation and was given the chance to come to court and argue his case; likewise I would have had the same opportunity. He chose to ignore the papers sent to him. This is the legal system in the UK that gives rights to persons who believe that they have been wronged by a person/ company who has supplied sub standard goods or services. My contract is with Naunton Pugh and thus my legal redress is with him, your authorised agent. Indeed, if the legal opportunities were with Cape Flying Services in George I would have without a shadow of doubt and using your words “taken you on” within the South African legal framework. Your terminology of the “evil use of the legal system” is at best insulting and derogatory to any civilised state.

We both live in a democracy where freedom of speech is upheld within the law. I chose; believe me, as a last resort the available legal system to redress the balance and for whatever arguable reason. Naunton Pugh had the chance to argue his point and did not choose to. I feel I have been treated unfairly by your organization and will use whatever legal means available to me to highlight this treatment and help to prevent further unsuspecting people from being unfairly treated, either by your organization or any other. Any issue I have mentioned in any media is not nasty, slanderous or libel but fact, including the Court Judgment against Naunton Pugh. It is not reasonable human behaviour to just accept that they have been wronged and just get on with it. I know there are other people out there who have had a great and worthwhile visit to your set up, however, there are other people just like me, but at least, I put my words to actions such as my strength of conviction. No doubt, over the past few months you have been putting your house in order, this is a positive situation arguably perhaps due to this issue being aired in open forums like this one.

Last edited by sanjo69; 7th Aug 2003 at 01:20.