PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone actually like it out here anymore?
Old 20th Sep 2016, 18:36
xhamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OMAAbound
my company (the noisy neighbours down the road) have treated me well throughout it all and I'm just about to start my upgrade in October.
Actually my friend - YOU have treated the company very well, not the other way around! They have done the absolute bare minimum for you by paying your salary and rostering you to the absolute legal limit and to their credit, they are giving you a chance at upgrade. And so they should...I think you are just feeling the love at the moment because you passed the upgrade assessment.

This airline needs guys like you. In fact it thrives on guys like you. Take it in the a** for 4 years because you want your upgrade so you can tell your buddies back home who are still in the right seat of a LoCo - hey I'm now a captain for Etisalat Airways. Big fu*n deal. Been in both situations and I value being in the right seat of a narrow-body LoCo on less salary and paying tax much higher than being left seat of a widebody in the sandpit.

Last edited by xhamster; 20th Sep 2016 at 18:49. Reason: added more insult