PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone actually like it out here anymore?
Old 20th Sep 2016, 16:32
xhamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is this a joke?

Originally Posted by OMAAbound
Pretty much what the title of the thread says?

In November this year, my family and I will of been out here for 4 years, at a time when we didn't think we'd do 2 years we've grown to love the place and the people and colleagues alike. We are a young family, still in our twenties, had 2 kids whilst being out here, done 900 hours every year, been in the box more times than I want remember, stayed in places nothing short of a war zone, been assaulted, done walkarounds in 50° heat and yet we still love it out here, my company (the noisy neighbours down the road) have treated me well throughout it all and I'm just about to start my upgrade in October.

So- chaps, does anyone still like it out here?
I think you are delusional. You say the company has treated you well but:

- you have flown 900 hours per year for the last 4 years
- there has been no increase to the salary or allowances for as long as I can remember
- the corporate bonus and iAchieve payments have been reducing since 2013 (this year you got NOTHING despite record profit)
- your roster and request system sucks (especially if A320)
- oh and your crew meals just got reduced in size!

You've grown to love the place and the people despite being assaulted, and doing walkabouts in 50 degree heat. Your company housing allowance of 160,000AED has only been able to afford you to house your family in a 3 bedroom or equivalent place like Al Reef - which is fine if in your previous life you lived in Afghanistan or Iraq. Like others have just mentioned - it's all relative to where you come from.

Do all the prospective AUH airline wannabes a favour and tell it how it really is.