PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Celebrities on board
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2003, 09:22
Qwannas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying with Sunstate I dont seem to see many 'celebs', but when I was with KD based out of SYD we used to do the CBR Shuttle and had a few now and again.........

I had Jeannie Little on one of my flights, she was so down to earth (and quite an attractive woman without those fake eyelashes). It was a stinking hot day and when I finally came down the cabin with the bar, she said very loudly "OH daaaaaahrling, I would KILL for a VBeeeeeeeee!!" Everyone just roared laughing. (I still like to use this line occasionally myself! )

I trod on Bronwyn Bishops foot once! The aircraft was on a steep climb and I slipped backwards and put my heel (with FULL body weight) on her toes! It really must have hurt as I could feel her tiny bones through my shoe. (Well, not completely my fault as she DID have her feet outstretched in the aisle!) She didnt say much (probably couldnt draw a breath) but was in quite alot of pain. She became very annoyed with me as I started to fuss and apologise profusely, she totally refused any ice or further attention. I was so embarassed.

The 'All Blacks' (footy team) were funny guys. It was an Easter weekend and everyone had a little foil wrapped Easter Egg on their tray. I was trying to do my PA to secure the cabin on descent and whilst doing so the players of the team all peeled their eggs and discreetly piled their foil wrappers in the big fuzzy head of hair at the front of the plane. He just sat their all polite and innocent, giving me his full attention, whilst his boyish team mates took the pi$$. I couldnt help but laugh.

The Australian Cricket Team had just won the World Cup and (I think it was) the Captain who had his sports bag stolen containing personal memroblia from the event. (It was a big deal at the time and all over the media.) So before getting on their flight with us, they all walk across the tarmac holding these HUGE sports bags. My Captain (female) saw them coming and together we stopped them all to get their bags tagged and have them placed in the cargo hold. (Neither of us knew who they were - not big sports fans! I just kept thinking to myself "Oh, my! Arent these guys all so tall and handsome!) They, being a bit defensive with their bags, werent happy and put up a bit of a fight - but the bags went in the back anyway. It wasnt until the FO (sports fan) came out to the aircraft that we learnt who these people were and why the big deal with their bags! He then handed me a pile of reprinted boarding passes and asked me nicely if I would go around and get autographs for him!!

John Howard's wife is a truly lovely lady. Always very kind and polite. I was most impressed.

Thanks flaps forty, I really enjoyed that link! xx