PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone actually like it out here anymore?
Old 20th Sep 2016, 08:09
Kapitanleutnant

EK or bust...

You've been drinking way too much company "cool-aid". The fact that you're on Prune, on a thread about how much people don't like it at EK.... is that not a little bit telling?

I think you in fact do see part of your world crumbling a bit around you but you're "making lemonade out of the lemons" you've been given: Warning letters like confetti, punitive company culture, 105 hours a month, no credit for vacation and getting squeezed for every single minute they can get out of you before and after vacation for month, changes (for the negative) to your "contract" unilaterally..... Honestly, I wonder if we're talking about the same airline!

You must hear quite a bit of negativity on the flight deck with your colleagues, so many of whom are looking elsewhere and want out of EK. Why is that do you suppose? There is a reason for that, and is it possible your colleagues are slightly surprised at your more upbeat assessment of the same airline they are talking about leaving soon?

Is it just a matter of time before you see EK for what it is? It's akin to holding your breath: Some were not able to hold to as long as you are... but at some point, you will have to "come up for air' and will realise what EK all about.

I just can't tell you how happy I was to be able to transition out or EK into a much more appreciative airline, who are happy to have me work for them, who ask what they could do for me as I approached a desk in their HQ as well as a much more civilised roster, and a chief pilot who actually offered a cup of coffee as he shook my hand congratulating me after finishing training.... just to say "thanks, we're really glad you're here".

That sentence.... is long lost at any EK chief pilot or manager for that matter.

Kap