PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 457 visa FOs started at QantasLink
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2016, 05:50
Band a Lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out Bush, you must have stumbbled across about the only case of this in relation to a pilot.

I think I know the full story. My guess a love story that started whilst an Australian was in another country with reciprocal "Work Holiday Visa". She met this guy (now a pilot) shortly before the end of her WHV in X country, they want to continue being together but she must return to Australia.

He then applies for a Student Visa in Australia to do CPL and can legally work 20 hrs a week. At the end of CPL and Student Visa about to expire, they still have not raised the $7,000 to apply for a Partner Visa.

WHV visa is cheap and then couple still get to live in the same country, so they apply and are granted, working "Bush" can increase the WHV by a year. So the couple now have up to 2 years to save the +$10,000 required to live together on a permanent basis.

The requirements of meeting the Partner Visa either married or defacto are very tough and require living together for 12 months. So the above case is often used.

It is very sad that an Australian Citizen fell in love with a pilot, for you - but to get multiple employers (none more than 6 months) he must be a hell of a new CPL guy!!!