PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The MS Windows 10 upgrade experience thread.
Old 20th Sep 2016, 00:17
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Yesterday I had to endure another tirade from a friend (not altogether elderly - about the same age as me ) whose laptop had "upgraded" to Windows 10 without her knowledge or approval. She is not technically savvy - more accurately described as an 'appliance operator'. But she had uses for her computer, and knew what she needed to do to to get the results she wanted.

Or rather - used to know.

Now it's all changed, and the poor soul is completely at a loss to know where to go, and what to do get the result she wanted. "Everything has changed" she said. She speculated aloud whether life would easier if she got an ipad thingy....

I didn't know what to say - or do either. I use Classic Shell, and Mozilla programs for internet work. She was totally locked into the Micro$oft regime.

Perhaps it will all be clearer when she and her husband get back home after three month trip around the continent and her grandchildren can take up the challenge of re-education. I hope so. Perhaps they are savvy in ipad - that may still be the best way out.

Should people really be subject to this kind of un-solicited 'abuse' from a mainstream company? I predict that there will be a special corner in hell for executives of companies who knowingly foist this kind of confusion on sections of their unsuspecting customer base.

Rant mode <OFF>

FOR

Last edited by FullOppositeRudder; 20th Sep 2016 at 23:55.