PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2016, 22:28
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Tracey Curtis Taylor: Removal of Daily Mail story on Wiki

It appears the TCT PR people are not happy with her wiki entry.

A new contributor , Aviation History, has removed the text referring to the Daily Mail for the following reason...
This discussion is part of a discrediting campaign in forums and the tabloid press. It was started by the logistics manager in Africa, after the cooperation with him was terminated ahead of schedule due to serious troubles with his tasks, the flight planning, legal documents and finally the safety of the entire team
However Ewald Gritsch,the airline pilot who restored the Spirit of Artemis, told the Daily Mail...
Gritsch admits he was in the forward cockpit for ‘the majority’ of the flights from Cape Town to Goodwood and Farnborough to Sydney. He said: ‘The situation was that it was not a solo flight.’

Read more: 'Solo' flying poster girl is brought down by claims that she had co-pilot | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Here is Aviation History's edit.
Taylor's logistics manager Sam Rutherford accused her of "embellishing the truth" about her flights. He asserted that the BBC4 documentary The Woman Who Flew Africa: The Aviatrix misleadingly portrayed her flights as being solo, when in fact for all but four of the 36 legs of the trip, she had been accompanied in the plane by Ewald Gritsch, a highly experienced pilot and owner of the plane. In addition, Rutherford criticised the documentary's description of the Cape Town to Goodwood flight as "ten thousand miles with no modern technology, just a joystick and pedals" when in reality the aircraft was equipped with the latest navigational devices and GPS. Curtis-Taylor responded to the claim that she was accompanied during most of her time in the air by stating that she had always been the sole pilot of the Spirit of Artemis.[26] This discussion is part of a discrediting campaign in forums and the tabloid press. It was started by the logistics manager in Africa, after the cooperation with him was terminated ahead of schedule due to serious troubles with his tasks, the flight planning, legal documents and finally the safety of the entire team.
Tabloid press?

What about the UK's number one general aviation magazine?

None of us find much to admire in pretend solo flights with GPS guidance and support aircraft following all the way"
is the verdict of the entire Pilot Magazine editorial crew to quote editor Philip Whiteman.

I get a mention and blame in the new edit history on wiki. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...action=history

I should point out that I have never met or indeed had any personal contact with Tracey Curtis Taylor,Sam Rutherford or anyone involved with the whole Bird in a Biplane shenanigans.

I started this thread for no other reason than exposing the truth that Tracey Curtis Taylor has blatantly lied about her so called aviatrix exploits.

All my posts have contained pictures and text that prove that Boeing and Artemis have deceived the worlds media.

None of the Bird in a Biplane team,Tracey Curtis Taylor,Boeing Aircraft Corporation , Artemis or Nylon Films have commented or defended themselves in either the Daily Mail,Canada National Post or here on Pprune.

Tracey is the architect of her own undoing.

A senior display pilot at Duxford summed her up to me in a private post.

She leaves a wake of mayhem.
Here in the USA not so long ago she was claiming to have flown solo in Africa

Her script of flying solo and swooping low level over herds of Wildebeest is fiction as this picture and others prove. There is no low level flying here. Airline pilot Ewald Gritsch confessed it is him in the front seat.

If you sit on the back seat of a tandem how the hell can you prove you are pedalling ?

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 20th Sep 2016 at 03:54.