PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2016, 20:57
Danny42C

The Best Thread on PPRuNe (well, we think so)

STINSON L-5 "Sentinel"

Box Brownie (#9316),
.Box BI wonder if you and others would be interested if I were to interrupt your conversation at times with bits from the tape.rownie,...
Yes, we would be interested ! Please do.

Let there be no more talk of "interruption". In this our little old crewroom in cyberspace (as I like to consider it), all men of good will and good humour are welcome; "Interruption" is the name of the game, providing you have something relevant to add to the conversation. Rank is forgotten here, no one is "in charge" (except our Moderators, of course, who allow us enormous latitude so long as we "play nicely"). Everyone had to start sometime.

The L-5 was in RAF service in Burma, used to "casevac" from a small field in the Arakan behind the battle. Somewhere in my Posts I've related how the Jap had managed to get a small mountain gun into a position where it could deny us the use of this strip.

The gun position was "fixed" (triangulation of gun flashes, gunsmoke, don't know) and the Vengeance called in. The gun was blown to bits, the gunners sent to join the ancestors. Normal casevac service was resumed, the Army was very grateful....

Danny.