PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2016, 19:55
Mn64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes11
I had an little bit update on my application. This morning, I received the phone call from HR. That she says because I work for QGS (Qantas Ground Services) at the moment, they need the reference from my manager. (To avoid the problems, I didn’t use QGS as my reference)
My offical manager who manage entire Sydney base for the QGS and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know me in person. However, I still send a msg to him, and he replied that if he’s happy to give a reference as long as I served in QGS for 12 months. Then I text him back that I am actually on the casual basis and I applied thru externally. And the fact there’s no restriction clause on my employment agreement. (Permanent position do have 12 months restriction for internal transferring) then, he didn’t reply to me.
However, I still need to email his detail to HR as reference, because that’s what they r asking… Not sure my boss would do it as a favour or not...
That sounds tricky, hopefully it'll all go smoothly but it's great that they are sorting out your application