PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2016, 19:34
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
TCT and Royal London Yacht Club

That is interesting.

That means she will not be in the UK for Saturday 22nd October 2016.

The day of the Light Aircraft Association AGM when Barry Tempest's motion to rescind her LAA 'navigation award' will be put to the vote
With his now legendary quote...
Your claimed exploits have put the cause of Women in Aviation back 40 years"
My thanks to LAA member Chris Martyr.
I feel that it's a little unnecessary now to see photos of a certain green aircraft and who did what , where , when and why , we are past all that. In my opinion , a small amount of people have done a superb job in bringing this all to light and I think that as far as the LAA are concerned , they can consider a good job done [bar the voting].

After the AGM, I think a precedent will have been set and it is highly likely that , due to certain forums having a worldwide following , many will be watching this very closely indeed .

I should reiterate : This is not some rabble-rousing call to arms and there may indeed be members with differing views on this and whichever way the vote goes , I for one will accept it with grace and dignity, afterwhich I intend to revert back to more wholesome activities like flying a traditional little VW powered tailwheeler out of a little grass airstrip in rural Sussex.
It has been suggested to me that she will not attend the Honourable Company of Air Pilots awards dinner less than a week later.

Philip Whiteman at Pilot has assured me the online story below will be edited to replace Tracey Curtis Taylor with Lady Mary Heath.She does not deserve to have her name and reputation exploited posthumously by an attention seeker who could not be bothered to fly a British aircraft of the period in her 'emulation'.
10 outstanding women from aviation history - Features - Pilot

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 19th Sep 2016 at 20:59.