PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA NPA 2016-09 (A)
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2016, 09:32
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCAS FAN : thanks . interesting , did not know this UK exemption. Although telling a pilot , " hold position vehicle on runway " or " Runway is not clear, vehicle on runway " ( as it is done in my part of the world ) will provide the same results. But I can see the safety benefits of your system .

Runway in use :
In the countries I fly in , the AFISO advise of the runway in use , but you can as a pilot decide on another one.
The aircrfat I own is very sensitive to tail wind on take off , ( degrades its climb performance a lot, and it is under powered) I very often , especially on hot days , advise that I will use a different QFU than the one given , this is not a request, it is me telling the AFISO I wants to use this QFU. and never got a problem. I might have to wait until the circuit is cleared, but I decide the QFU, not the AFISO.
Lastly , In many countries I fly in , the QFU is too often determined by noise abatement considerations, wind, temperature or slope of runway, etc. mater less than noise. If you fly a Citation , it is not an issue, but if you fly a vintage under powered aircraft it does matter a lot !