PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Combining ATPL(H) skill test with issue of a MP type rating
Old 19th Sep 2016, 09:13
Peter PanPan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@hueyracer and GoodGrief:

Thank you for your thoughts, I apologize if I hadn't made this clear earlier but I have nearly 2000 hours Multi-Pilot and have held several twin-turbine type ratings on my license over the years. The situation right now is that I hold an expired MP type rating on my license (June this year) and will be attending an initial pilot course this Fall (Initial as in I haven't flown the type before to make it clear).

This is where I think the whole confusion lays: FCL.510.H ATPL(H)(d) states all the experience must have been accumulated prior to applying for the skill test - no discussion on this, it's very clear. The issue is that my Competent Authority states that I cannot combine the type rating skill test this Fall with the ATPL(H) skill, despite the fact that I do meet the ATPL(H) experience requirements, which obviously means I have all the MP time and have held / currently hold an expired MP type on my license.

It therefore sounds like, based on what you wrote hueyracer, that one can combine the type skill test with the license skill test, provided there is a MP type already on the license.

But what about a pilot who meets all the requirements for the ATPL(H) but who does not hold a MP type on his/her license. According to what you wrote, he or she would have to complete the initial pilot course, bring back the paperwork to the CA and get the type rating on the license, once the type rating is printed on the license and only then can the pilot sign up for the ATPL(H) skill test?