PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Meranti
Thread: Typhoon Meranti
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2016, 09:01
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Got a reference for that? Not saying it not true - just interested in why you quote particular number.
Any ATPL text book would cover it. Here is a lazy source for you Convective Weather

The CX flight that encountered hail was climbing out of HKG according to AVHerald.
Departed HKG but not in the HKG FIR at the time. It was still in climb.

Pretty busy airspace. Yet it was the only aircraft that seems to have reported a serious hail encounter. How come? Did all the rest succesfully avoid it (even without magic radar)?
When you can show me the list of CAAC reported incidents for the day then I will entertain answering the baseless statement.

You've missed the point mate, just as you've done all along.
Don't think so, at every turn I have been able to explain factually and logically why this happen, and most of this is basic knowledge.

The point being '**** happens'
Sure it does, that is why people buy insurance. Running off a runway at CNS because you cannot execute a 180 in an airliner on a marked turning is not such a case, being unable to understand simple EO SID instructuctions is not the case, flying through magenta radar returns is not the case.

The three examples of CX turbulence/CB encounters were not attacks on CX crews - they were an illustration that your attacks on OTHER crews are stupid and arrogant.
All three events were in clear air, which is a case of unfortunate circumstances. It is vastly different to flying an aircraft into an area painted as magenta on the radar display.

Remember what this thread was about, your unfounded claim that flying through a typhoon at altitude in itself is a hazard, and that your management would not listen to your concerns because CX crews were flying through the same weather without an issue.

I guess we'll have to wait for the outcome of the Official Report on that CX incident to find out exactly how many NM(30+?) they were from the nearest CB, and why nobody else took a hit.
Why would there be an official report ?

Were they not on a SID? Did they deviate into the WX?
Not in HKG FIR, in clear air.

The report (in its crappy english) says the crew went for a gap between two cells 40Nm apart.
The report says they went through an area painted magenta, what I would have done differently is during the climb and at top of climb adjusted the tilt of the radar so I was scanning what was infront and blelow the path, not 5 degrees up.