PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation and obesity
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2016, 01:06
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
That's making my brain hurt. Probably because some of my weight loss is a shrinking brain.

Late night ramble as I'm trying to do without Zolpidem. 4 AM this morning started to feel sleepy.

Also, my little mission: a mention of this gluten/wheat thing again. It just might help someone - as so many people have back pain and don't think about inflammation being caused by something else.

I did a lot of hard physical work in my 50's and then used the kid's weights before showering. Every morning I'd run.
Just EDIT something in here as the thread is about weight. When I say heavy work, I mean years of working on my home and do-uppers. I moved a lot of steel and concrete in that time. But, I was still consistently overweight. One has to throttle the food intake back, and eat the right stuff, or you'd have to run to Mars to burn it off. Well, Scunthorpe.

However, I thought a knee that had been intermittently tedious since my 30's needed a bit of cartilage taking out and finally I had it done. On that day, age nearly 60, running was over. It turned out that it was the lining of the inner 'knuckle' of the femur. Medial Condyle comes to mind. Anyway, it would from time to time flip over making a double thickness so the strings at the side were not long enough. The op cured that but I was a year getting over having the joint parted way open to grind away the flappy bit.

(That was an infinitive instead of gerund. Oh, Fk off Grammarly!)

Anyway, they rough up the surface and the scar tissue acts as a cartilage. I flew the ATR for a retirement job after that and nothing could have been a better knee strengthener than the rudder on that. Only while taxiing I hasten to add!

However, as the knee got better, the old back started to play up. No one would operate . . . until last year. One night in hospital and life changes again. Why, why, why did I have to be fobbed off? If I'd been rich I wouldn't have had a 16-year chronically painful delay. Though, as I've said before, a lot of that may well have been celiac/wheat allergy. The spinal surgeon showed me a side view of my descending colon and spine. They were very close. "If this gets inflamed of course this will hurt." He said, pointing to my hurty bit.

No, still not tired. I know, I'll start a thread about bad writing. Got a Kindle book for 99p today. I was robbed.

Last edited by Loose rivets; 19th Sep 2016 at 01:17.