PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2016, 20:57
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
Something positive to come out of this?

Originally Posted by Jay Sata
At the centre of all this is current Master Peter Benn who will have to give her the award, in front of a disapproving audience, having played no part in the circus.
I hear the Master now sees it as a matter over which he would resign rather than face the fact that the HCAP court have, in more than one meeting, decided not to back down.
I live at a long arm's length from these shenanigans (albeit I too have flown - and worked on - 'warbirds' in New Zealand) so my interest has been somewhat muted compared to some on here.

For this reason perhaps I've been inclined to treat both the fierce criticism of Ms C-T, and her achievements with the gravity it is due, coming as it does from a 'rumour network'. All too aware of the 'Streisand effect' I've wondered a bit about whether all the hot air has really been worth it...

However I have learned a little of the 'HCAP', an organisation I've only become aware of via this august site. While I haven't really had much of an opinion on this group per se I can perhaps understand the consternation that must be apparent in its ranks, given the revelations that appear to have come about with regard to this aviatrix and their - now controversial - proposed award.

That said if what JS says above is true I am heartened to read that there are people within the organisation that genuinely understand the meaning (and sometime exquisite pain) of honour. Whether he ultimately chooses to resign or not, I tip my hat to Mr Benn for at least considering such. A man worthy of his rank in the HCAP I feel, and a real Lt-Cmdr (RNR) to boot.

FP.