PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Britain v. Soviet Union all out total war 1946.
Old 18th Sep 2016, 20:46
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I think PN's is probably the most realistic outcome, and something we talked about at work in a strictly amateur way....my question triggered by a website I found with hundreds of recon pictures following up RAF bombing raids....I fairly admit I had no idea the actual real physical damage a raid could do to a town or city until I saw this site and made me think about the power the RAF held at this time. Utterly awesome. Think this was a section of Histomil - someone had access to the IWM and uploaded a lot of stuff I had never seen.
I watched a documentary years ago about the a UK Army Officer who happened to come face up to a Russian tank crew in 1945, and he recalled the hostility he received by a thoroughly anti western Russian military. They were motivated to fight onwards as the propaganda they had received seemed to place us very little higher than the actual Nazis. They could have got to the ports Id wager, but it would have been difficult under the sights of a powerful RAF Air Force. And I agree they would never have got across the North Sea.

But very thankfully it never happened, things stand as they did. HS.