PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2016, 10:16
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizz, Trains, Eurowings/flybe/Monarch/Thomson/Ryanair

j636

Thank you for that but I can't find Bucharest bookable after 24 March and of course Blue Air increases their service from summer 2017.

flybe

Winter before Christmas sees EDI, GLA & BHD at 8 a day on a Monday only adding in an extra early morning BHX inbound - where does the aircraft go Tuesday-Friday? They all stop at Christmas for a while along with one Hanover and one Stuttgart which is routine for January and early February.

Eurowings

Odd things happening on some sites showing DUS as Germanwings A319 but now shows Eurowings again but seat-map confirms a change from the A320 to A319 and Manchester was the same the last time I looked - seat-map also shows an A319.

Monarch

Gibraltar still showing a winter break 8 Jan - 13 Feb so it appears to be happening.

As for 11/9 in a perfect world Monarch would pay out ASAP and take their revenge on those responsible to try and reduce further alienation of their customers but I suppose it is not as easy as that but makes their TV adverts look a little shallow even if the problem was not of their doing.

Thomson

Summer 2017 Timetable still indicating 7 short-haul based Thursday - Sunday. Alghero still bookable but no sign of Almeria which briefly came on line as it does most years then disappears.

Ryanair

Still no sign of 6 a week Ibiza and double daily Palma per the press release

tubby linton

Agreed in respect of summer but I would go a step further and say the whole issue of public transport has issues. I live 4 miles west and it doesn't matter what time of day it is I can't realistically use public transport comfortably if I have hold bags as it involves a walk, a bus, a walk and another bus or a walk to the train, into the city a walk across down and another train but I suppose it just isn't viable to cover all areas all of the time but like you in respect of the people mover surely in summer the extra cost would be good PR.

American

Loads seem to have increased recently but no doubt no coincidence that base fares have dropped and I assume money can't be made at this level and hence the chop. I don't think anyone can argue with that if that is what happened as it is clear their was a fare-structure change.

Also it is dropping to 4 a week in winter before it ends BHX departures Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday.

Pete