PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 457 visa FOs started at QantasLink
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2016, 09:16
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Band a lot, very interesting précis of the various nationalities.

As an Aussie I unfortunately have to agree with your assessment.

I think this is indicative of our whole society not just the pilot group. Drive 1km/h over the speed limit and you are killing baby seals. Have a cold and flu tablet before you go to work and you run the risk of being zapped by casa random drug testing.

You can't go into a kids playground if you are a male as you are a pedo, and kids can't go into a playground unless they are wrapped in a sumo suit to protect them from skinning a knee or breaking a nail.

Pilots can't go through security with a nail clipper as they may hold it to their own throats and "take control" of the aircraft - reminds me of the scene from blazing saddles "drop it or the pilot gets it!" As he holds a nail clipper to his own throat.

We (in this country) have become so scared of breaking the rules that we have effectively trained lateral thinking out of everyone, airline crews in particular. A generality I know but apt nonetheless.

The country's screwed as is the airline industry and many other industries.

Personally I blame the lawyers.

It sounds like I have a big downer on the country, but it is home and I need to live with it as it is as I can't change it