PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates B777 gear collapse @ DXB?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2016, 23:51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only if one has allowed it to become that way. Possibly it is background, possibly it is over reliance on automation, possibly it is laziness & lack of airmanship, or possibly it is a combination of all of these
Utter b0110ck5 I'm afraid!

I have flown the 777. (I current fly B747-400, and have flown 737 and A320 amongst others) To suggest that on every go-around the thrust levers are PUSHED forward after pressing the TOGA buttons is 'fanciful'!

BTW, if this pilot had briefed and run the CORRECT motor program, they wouldn't even have pushed the TOGA buttons!!!!

That's not required. It's not taught. It's not in the FCOM, and frankly, it may be your 'preference in hindsight' but that's all.

What happened here was lack of forethought. No more, no less! On a 'bad day' every single poster here could easily fall foul of this particular dark corner of operations.

It is just the 'chimp' (in ALL of us!!) jumping to the wrong choice of action. That's all.

Only non professional pilots, or t055er5 would think otherwise! Only current 777 pilots, barred from manual thrust can comment authoritatively on this!

Enjoy.

Last edited by 4468; 18th Sep 2016 at 00:05.